The UCLA Library can support your research needs wherever you are. While in-person services and physical spaces are not available, online services continue. Please note that due dates have been extended to October 31, 2020.
Ask A Librarian - 24/7 Online Chat
As part of UCLA’s transition to remote instruction, all research consultations will be offered online via Zoom (audio/video call). We offer our Ask a Librarian chat service for 24/7 online research help, as well as other remote resources for UCLA Library users. We are here to help you find what you need.
- Chat with a librarian 24/7.
- Schedule a remote research consultation.
- Connect directly with your subject librarian, research data service, or a copyright/publishing expert.
- Email a staff member, library, or department.
CCLE & Moodle
Get Help With Writing a Research Paper
Working on a research assignment, capstone or thesis project, or personal research project? Need inspiration or ideas? Trying to figure out how to collect, organize, and cite your sources?
The Library has created guides to the best resources by subject area and specific courses. Start working on your own and contact the Library if you need further help. Online tutorials from a variety of sources can help with other skills, such as data visualization and image editing.
Navigating COVID-19 & Library Resources
UCLA Library staff are working to provide expert help and online services to advance remote teaching, learning, and research. All Library buildings are closed. Please take advantage of electronic resources such as ebooks and article databases. The UCLA Community can connect to these online resources off-campus via the VPN or proxy server.
- Interlibrary loan is still available for electronic journal articles. Ebooks cannot be borrowed on interlibrary loan.
- Access e-books and articles on course reserve.
- Set up off-campus access through VPN to use our extensive online collections and research tools.
- Request to borrow laptops and other technology or articles and book chapters.
- Due dates have been extended through October 31, 2020
The Library offers varied workshops designed to help students succeed as an undergraduate or graduate Bruin and beyond. These workshops teach relevant skills and encourage critical thinking about the research process.
Workshops cover areas including:
- Getting started with research
- Using citation management software (Zotero, EndNote)
- Mapping and visualization tools
- Writing a literature review
- Organizing data with spreadsheets or databases
- Finding sources at the UCLA Library
The UCLA Library is here to inspire you on your educational journey and ensure your success at UCLA and beyond! Learn about all the ways the Library supports you.
- TOP 10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT UCLA LIBRARY
- BORROW ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS
- ACCESS DIGITIZED PRINT BOOKS VIA HATHITRUST
- HAITHITRUST FAQ’s
- LIBRARY LOCATIONS
- LIBRARY PRIZE FOR UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH
- Bruins Safe Online https://www.bso.ucla.edu/
- Counseling Center https://www.counseling.ucla.edu/
- Counseling 24/7 ☎ (310) 825-0768
- UC Police Department (UCPD) Call 9-1-1 or (310) 825-1491