APPLICATION BY QUARTER
Each quarter, UCLA Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors majoring in one of the Life Science fields are invited to apply for this financial award to fund 10-12 hours of research per week during an academic quarter. Through COMPASS, the Dean’s Award for Life Science Research has awarded students with over $85,000 in funds toward furthering their research in various STEM fields ranging from Physical Therapy to Mathematics.
The first day of every quarter will open the applications for the next quarter’s Dean’s Award. The application period will end at the end of the 5th week of the quarter – by midnight (11:59 PM) Sunday night.
Students may reapply each quarter to renew the award in subsequent quarters, subject to availability of funds.
All applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered.
The first day of every quarter will open the application process for the following quarter’s Dean’s Award. Dean’s awardees will receive $1500.00 for the quarter for which they applied:
- The application period will stay open for 5 weeks
- We will notify the applicants of their acceptance by the end of the 7th week
- The Award funding will begin at the start of the following quarter
- Current Undergraduate students majoring in one of the Life Sciences are eligible to apply
- Students may reapply each quarter to renew the award in subsequent quarters, subject to the availability of funds
- To apply, download and fill out the form below and submit through the COMPASS Website
- Download Dean’s Life Science Award Application
Submit your completed application materials using the Box Upload Widget below.
If you have any questions, please email contact COMPASS-Life Science Program Representative Larone Ellison (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the COMPASS-Life Sciences Directors, Dr. Gina Poe (email@example.com) and Dr. Megan McEvoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)